Honeymoon in Canada Series
Couples Resorts- Ontario
by Guest Writer, Maria Deng
Ontario boasts a large number of honeymoon resorts which offer peace, serenity, and comfort, paving the way for unforgettable experiences, ideal for any honeymoon getaway.
These locations are a convenient drive from Toronto Pearson International Airport, along with the Billy Bishop (Toronto Island) Airport.
Luxury In Rustic Natural Environments
Let’s first voyage to Galeairy Lake, a semi-private lake found within Algonquin Park, where we find Couples Resort. Algonquin Provincial Park is located between Georgian Bay and the Ottawa River in Southern Ontario.
- private gazebo
- outdoor hot tubs
- in-room jacuzzi
- steam room
- wood-burning fireplaces
- private sundeck
- unlimited Netflix in all-suites
Fine Dining & Live Entertainment:
- five-star meals
- chilled wine
- bring-your-own-wine (regulations apply)
Pamper Yourself, While Being Active:
- a picturesque escape
- spa services
- Wi-Fi availability
Let’s travel to Grand Bend, just steps-away from the beautiful white sand freshwater beaches of Lake Huron, where Oakwood Resort is located. People have been drawn to the shores of Lake Huron for generations, enjoying miles of sandy beaches and blue waters.
- equipped with private beach access
- wood-infused cottages
- beautifully-maintained surroundings
- indoor pool, sauna, and jacuzzi
- outdoor hot tub
Stay Active With:
- driving range
- fitness centre
Nearby Attractions Include:
- live entertainment (Dave’s Pub & Grill in Grand Bend)
- fishing charters
- Lambton Heritage Museum
- Huron County Playhouse
- shopping along the streets of downtown
Our trip ends on Lake Simcoe in Southern Ontario, which is the fourth-largest lake in the province of Ontario. The Briars has been a well-renowned resort for over fifty years, combining old-world charm and modern facilities, with acres of lush gardens, and a variety of wildlife.
- antique furnishings with fireplaces
- lakeside rooms with private entrances
- deck/lawn at each suite, along with a view of the lake
- candle-light dinners
- private solarium pool access
- luxurious spa treatments (e.g. couple’s massages)
- nordic walking
Nearby Attractions Such As:
- Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- Trent-Severn Waterway
- Lake Simcoe Scenic Trail
- museums (Georgina Pioneer Village and Museum)
- historical sites (Sharon Temple)
Let Couples Resort, Oakwood Resort, and The Briars pamper you during your honeymoon, you deserve it. Now, it’s time to relax…..
Information for each of the resorts can be found in the links below. As a disclaimer, this article is not a paid advertisement however, a well-researched body which was summarized from the links provided. All efforts were made to prevent errors in this submission. Additional information was also obtained from Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org) to compliment the given information.